Coming up at the end of the month is a local dressage day. I have spoken to the organiser and she is happy for me to ride sidesaddle based on my para-classification. So IF I enter it would be our "official" level 1 sidesaddle debut.
But I don't know if I want to do it now... I have a major case of cold feet. I know people will stare at us and I just don't feel good enough. On the other hand winter is fast approaching and this could be our last show of the season. Plus numbers at this time of the year are much lower, so it would be a much quieter/less pressure debut than if I wait until Spring.
Hmmm.... I have to send off my entry this week if I am going... so do I or don't I...?
Do it! I took the plunge this week and sent an entry in for a small combined test. So if it goes badly, at least someone else out there (me) will be having a worse time of it! :D
ReplyDeleteAnita, it sounds like you've been pretty busy lately. I say go for it; the closing of the fall season is a good time to push your boundries to give you an idea of whether or not to step up a notch once competing next spring.
ReplyDeleteLook at how I just humiliated myself over the weekend. I'm recovered and ready for futher punishment.
You'll do great! Go for it! I have never really "done" dressage and entered in a show on a whim and look at how well it went. Even if you mess up, I bet you'll be the only one that really notices, everyone else will be amazed that you're riding sidesaddle!
ReplyDelete