Well tomorrow is D-Day - our first dressage aside start! It is only training test 3 and Iam riding H/C but it is a start. I have been told off by a few people for not doing the level 1 tests, but one has movements that specifically state they have to be done at the posting trot (which we need to work on, as Molly thinks rising sidesaddle = go faster) and the other level 1 test has extended trot and way to much canter.
Plus the last 10 months have been disasterous, at one dressage day she nearly bucked me off, at others I have had to scratch as I knew in the warm-up it was going to go badly. Then if we make it into the arena she has been so crooked/tense & on the forehand that I got sick and tired of coming last every single time.
So I changed instructors and things have been slowly coming together over the last few months. This is the test we are doing, it's nice and simple and should set us up for a positive experience:
We ride at lunch time. Hubby is bringing the kids and a picnic lunch to have while we wait for the test sheets to come back. Hopefully I will have some photos to share tomorrow night and will let you know how it went.

Photos are a must! Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember to breath and make good use of your corners!
ReplyDeleteGood luck; we're all looking forward to hearing about it.
How did it go???!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
ReplyDelete