I've been thinking a bit about historical costumes lately. Not that I have seen any costume classes offered here (apart from once a year at our annual fun day) but I do like the idea of getting dressed up occassionally! I am torn as to what era to opt for and I found somewhere I could buy a pith helmet...
But there is something about the Regency era habits that I really like. I found photos of this one, that was made for the 1999 movie of Mansfield Park. I love the way it drapes.
I am tempted to get something like this made, but with a more "military" feel to the jacket. It just needs a bit of "Sharpe" to it...





Oh my goodness! Impeccable taste in habits and in (fictional) men! The Mansfield Park habit is stunning and would look amazing in Rifleman green with a bit of button and braid detailing.
ReplyDelete