Monday, March 21, 2011

A wee bit of shopping

Saddle woes are doing my head in, but I *think* I may have found something to help. Leila has posted in the past about using a fleece girth sleeve at the front of her sidesaddle. This made me think of the saddle blankets you can get with the big, fat, fleece rolled edge. I wondered if something like that might help pad the gullet of my sidesaddle. So off I went to browse my favourite NZ online saddlery, the Tackshop

Where I found this:
It is described as "a unique system that involves the combination of closed cell foam and felted shim pads to raise and lower the front and rear of the saddle. Gives greater versatility and improves saddle fit." I'm thinking it might work with my sidesaddle, and allow me to raise the left rear and pad the right front. Unfortunately its not cheap, but I just sold my little GP saddle, so I am putting the money from that to good use! So I have ordered it and will let you know how it works out. Has anyone tried anything similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment