Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Last report for a wee while...

We had our last show for awhile on sunday. Hubby is off to London this week for work, and with a number of other things going on, we won't get out again until Xmas.

Anyway the wee pony was a star, and we rode our best tests yet. We came second in both, scoring 58% and 60%. Not earth shattering I know, but she was calm and consistent and I was rapt to see on the video how she is softly swinging her tail at the trot - that is such a huge breakthrough for us! We finished our second test and got a standing ovation from the peanut gallery, which was really special :)

Hubby videoed both tests and watching it we have heaps to work on - Molly needs a much steadier connection to work into, and I need to really work on my position. I have a tendancy to "water ski" and I need to sit straighter and more up over my right thigh. I would love to load the video onto youtude for comments/critiques from you guys, but we don't have broadband and it was going to take 4 hours to upload a 5 minute test. If I manage to talk someone with broadband into doing it for me I'll post a link.

Here's my favourite shot from the day:


4 comments:

  1. Great picture!

    Nice head position and contact too! You have to love those swinging tails.

    ~SmartAlex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You look great and I'll bet you two only get better & better from here on in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture!
    I'm french, i ride in side saddle, and i've a blog for my horse, art, history, and side saddle.
    If you are ok (sorry for my bad english), i'll put a link for you site and my blog if you can do the same, to share the passion of side saddle
    http://www.eroschevauxpassion.com/
    Regards
    ML

    ReplyDelete