Keeps those lips zipped ladies... we don't want any sidesaddle wisdom slipping out inadvertently.
Has a friend of acquaintance expressed an interest in trying sidesaddle? Then shake your head, say sorry you can't help.
Is a fellow sidesaddle rider searching for a piece of equipment or dress? Do you know an internet site or source where she may purchase what she is missing? Shhhuushhhh... keep that information under your hat.
See that beginner over there, the one struggling with her position? Let's just walk away, we couldn't possibly offer some useful pointers that will help her become a more secure rider.
Knowledge must be suppressed, we cannot allow the free exchange of information that may lead to more proficient riders or *horror* our numbers may increase. Let's remain silent and let sidesaddle keep its dignity as it slips beneth the waves to join the Titanic...
___________________________________________________________
This blog post has been dedicated to the "NEA".
I had never heard of the "NEA" until a couple of days ago, when I received an email on their behalf. This email accused me of theft of their images and implicity threathened a lawsuit.
Apparently one of the images I have used originated from their website. Given the image is not watermarked, copyrighted, nor does it have any identifying features, I'm not sure how I was suppose to know that? I found it on a forum that was discussing how to make a linen habit and numerous photos of Edwardian habits were shown. I thought I was discussing a dress pattern but apparently I am undermining the very fabric of society...
I was then further lambasted as being one of a group of sidesaddle bloggers stealing information and the "Tips of the Month" from their website and using my blog to disemminate that information and (here's the kicker) assisting and offering hints to other sidesaddle riders!
As I have already stated, I only heard about the NEA a couple of days ago. I have also reviewed their website and then flicked through my old posts, and I fail to see where I have been stealing information and tips wholesale from them. I always thought you needed a strong factual foundation for any lawsuit, perhaps this is not the case in the American legal system?
I also fail to see the harm or damage caused - what pecuniary loss have they suffered at my hands?
I must truly be some evil mastermind, plotting to spread the sidesaddle word without the authorisation of the NEA...
Wow that is sad, don't they have anything better to do.
ReplyDeleteEmail me about this Anita crinolinegirl@corsetsandcrinolines.com
ReplyDelete:-)
Are you kidding me?!?!?! That has to be the most absurd thing I've ever read. We all blog about riding sidesaddle because we love it and want to share our experience with each other AND hopefully make sidesaddle more accessible to other people that are interested. I know it took me several YEARS to find anyone in my area that rode sidesaddle but I desperately wanted to try it. I learned a lot from the internet and blogs, and I'm sure reading other people's experience saved me from making some mistakes I would have regretted (ie buying a crappy saddle).
ReplyDeleteWhy in the world WOULDN'T we want to share our knowledge and keep riding sidesaddle alive??
I vote that the NEA can go stuff themselves...
I got a similar note awhile back. Heck, I didn't know where the photo came from originally... no watermark or copyright on it. I know now. I tried not to let it dampen my spirits, but I admit it did. No, I haven't ridden aside since then.
ReplyDelete